Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

13 March 2021 Venue KCOM Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Trio Available For Oxford Clash

12 March 2021

Josh Magennis, Lewie Coyle and Alfie Jones have all been passed fit for Hull City’s match with Oxford United.

Magennis wasn’t involved in the impressive midweek win at promotion rivals Peterborough as a precautionary measure after sustaining an ankle problem against AFC Wimbledon.

Captain Coyle and Jones both picked up knocks against Posh – the former in the incident that saw Peterborough’s Ethan Hamilton sent off.

But McCann has confirmed that the influential trio will all be available for the visit of Karl Robinson’s side, with no fresh injury concerns to report.

The boss said: “Josh has trained this week. Lewie Coyle and Alfie Jones are fine as well and they’ve trained since the Peterborough game.

“We’ve got no fresh concerns for the weekend.”

Sean McLoughlin and Brandon Fleming are “not too far away” in their recoveries from injury, while Max Clark, Richie Smallwood, Thomas Mayer and Festus Arthur remain absent.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Hull City 2-0 Oxford United: Match Report

13 March 2021

Hull City made it five successive wins with a 2-0 victory over Oxford United at the KCOM Stadium on Saturday.

Keane Lewis-Potter proved to be the match-winner as he scored a goal in each half to move into double figures for the season, with the win taking the Tigers six points clear at the top of the table.

Grant McCann named the same eleven that started in the midweek win at Peterborough United, with the only change to the squad coming on the bench where Josh Magennis returned to take the place of young defender Andy Smith.

Matt Ingram had an early touch as he pushed Dan Agyei's low shot away in the opening minute, and there was an early talking point at the other end of the field when Lewis-Potter went down under a challenge from goalkeeper Jack Stevens. The referee looked to be considering the awarding of a penalty but, after talking with his assistant, eventually pulled play back for an offside against Mallik Wilks.

Oxford were certainly lively in the opening stages and put a few testing crosses into Ingram's box, which were dealt with well considering the swirling wind around the ground.

Good play from Lewis-Potter down the left almost brought a chance for Greg Docherty but he was crowded out inside the area, and it was Lewis-Potter that gave the Tigers a 22nd-minute lead. A superb ball over the top from Lewie Coyle put him in behind the back line and he kept his cool to produce a lovely finish into the bottom corner.

The visitors responded through Mark Skyes who saw a low effort turned away by Ingram with Cameron Brannagan blazing a follow-up shot over the bar, while Mallik Wilks sent a shot straight down the throat of Stevens at the other end.

Ingram got down well to save a far-post header from Josh Ruffels before Docherty was booked for a foul in the middle of the park.

Lewis-Potter's dipping effort from 20 yards went just over the bar just before half time as the Tigers took their one-goal lead into the break.

It was a quiet start to the second period with the only action of note in the opening ten minutes some half-hearted appeals for a penalty when Coyle went down inside the Oxford box.

Gavin Whyte saw a deflected effort kept out by Stevens, and Whyte then almost had Wilks in but the leading scorer just ran out of room as he attempted to round the goalkeeper.

The Tigers doubled their lead 19 minutes from time. Lewis-Potter took possession on halfway and advanced to the edge of the Oxford box before seeing a right-footed shot deflect past Stevens and into the net.

It was Lewis-Potter's final contribution as he was replaced by Magennis before play restarted, while a second change saw Dan Crowley come on for Whyte.

Coyle was left needing treatment after being flattened whilst competing for a ball close to the halfway line and he needed to be replaced as Josh Emmanuel came on from the bench.

The injury to Coyle saw nine minutes added on but the Tigers saw the game out with no panic or drama to complete another good afternoon's work.

Hull City: Matt Ingram; Lewie Coyle (C) (Josh Emmanuel 83), Reece Burke, Jacob Greaves, Callum Elder; Alfie Jones, Greg Docherty, George Honeyman; Gavin Whyte (Daniel Crowley 77), Mallik Wilks, Keane Lewis-Potter (Josh Magennis 71).

Subs Not Used: George Long, Tom Eaves, James Scott, Regan Slater.

Oxford United: Jack Stevens, Josh Ruffels, Elliott Moore, Cameron Brannagan, Mark Sykes (Brandon Barker 55), Anthony Forde, Dan Agyei, Jamie Hanson, Robert Atkinson, Olamide Shodipo, Elliot Lee (Matty Taylor 71).

Subs Not Used: Simon Eastwood, Alex Gorrin, Rob Hall, Joe Grayson, Liam Kelly.

Referee: Mr A. Backhouse.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block