The Superstadium Management Company are recruiting an experienced Stewards Co-ordinator to manage the co-ordination of the Stewards for events and match days and provide support to the Safety Officer and/or Deputy Safety Officer when required. The role involves managing all Stewards both internally and externally, preparing all administration support from the recruitment process to training and preparation for match days and events.
Hours of work: 22.5 hours weekly over 3 days per week(including some evenings and weekends)
Salary: £19,000 to £25,000 pro rata(depending on experience/qualifications and based on a 37.5 week)
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Friday 1st October 2021
- Control the matchday/event administration office, under instruction from the Stadium Operations Manager, in a professional and controlled manner. Inclusive of all paperwork for the Stewards, fire documents and equipment logs
- Responsible for the issue, return and logging of match day equipment (radio’s, jackets, bodycam CCTV, firefighting equipment, etc)
- General queries from Stewards relating to pay and hours
- Brief all admin personnel updating them on current event issues and ensuring what their roles and responsibilities are for each matchday/event.
- Oversee the booking of all event Stewarding personnel on and off duty, including Agency Staff.
- Co-ordinating with HR to manage the recruitment for the Stewards including interviews, right to works
- Manage the induction process for the Stewards, including in-house training and recording progress
- Manage all NVQ’s for Stewards and Spectators courses
- Liaise with the Safeguarding Manager to ensure all stewards have necessary DBS checks in place.
- Maintain timesheets for all personnel on duty via the Sirrum system for matchday/events and ensure payroll have the correct attendance information for all stewards
- Assist, along with the Safety Officer to ensure compliance with the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) or Football Licensing Authority (FLA) requirements
- Responsible for the car park ticketing and the cash collections at matchdays/events and also the supervising of car park staff
- Checking Turnstiles before and after match
- Manage any away tickets/cash collecting to support the ticket office on matchdays/events
- Attending the Safety Officers pre and post event briefings and raising any issues/areas of concern, reporting any issues to the Safety Officer or Operations Manager
- Ensure agency stewards records are up to date
- Assist, as required by the Safety Office and/or Deputy Safety Officer, during any emergency procedures by issuing additional equipment (loudhailers, radios, etc)
- Responding to Safety incidents and difficult situations such as dealing with disputes, or coaching Stewards in providing an excellent service delivery
- Assist the Safety Officer with match day sheets
- Support the Safety Officer by putting together or reviewing documents for post match reports and filing the paperwork
- Liaising with the Steward Supervisors to ensure adequate number of Stewards are deployed in the designated areas following directive of the Safety Officer
- Manage Stewards working longer hours when required to support the running of the event
- Experience in performing the role of deputy safety officer (requires NVQ4 crowd safety qualification; either achieved or willing to work towards)
- Any other duties commensurate to the post.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants; if you have not been contacted within ten working days of the closing date then you should assume that unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.