Senior Professional Development Phase Coach
Line Manager: Academy Manager & Head of Academy Coaching
Contract Type: F/T
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Internal: Lead Phase Coach, Head of Academy Coaching, Academy Manager, Academy Management Team (AMT), FAYCD, Recruitment Department, Academy Staff, Club Staff.
External: Regulatory Bodies (English Football League, Football Association). Coaches at other Professional Football Clubs. Local Grass-root clubs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing regular updates on all Academy activity and PDP player progress to the Academy Manager & Head of Academy Coaching.
- Work with the Academy U23 squad, delivering coaching sessions in line with the curriculum and playing philosophy.
- Manage match day logistics for the U23’s squad and completing all the relevant work on the PMA, along with other relevant coaching staff.
- Work closely with the Academy U18s Squad and staff, including delivery of sessions as and when required.
- Help with U18’s coaches delivery and planning and ensure that there is consistent standards across the age groups.
- Ensure all administration work/PMA is completed accurately and within the time scale set by the Academy Manager.
- From time to time complete ambassadorial roles for the Club as and when directed by the Academy Manager.
- Facilitate the Loans of young professional players.
- Monitor and record all the players whilst on loan keeping accurate records of conversations and observations.
- Create and maintain good communication pathways with the first team staff.
- Build links and relationships with local clubs.
- Ensure all players in your squad have a season long term strategy.
- Ensure players have regular formal reviews and upto date IDP’s.
- Work closely with the player care team to ensure players are well supported.
- Co-ordinate the MDT around the U23’s squad to ensure the best outcomes for the players
- Organise additional fixtures where appropriate for the development of the players.
- Use analysis for player development as and where appropriate
- Attend all Team Meetings when required.
- Maintain UEFA Qualifications and Emergency Aid Qualification.
- Work closely with the Academy FA Club Support Officer.
- Contribute to Scouting and Talent Identification as and when directed by the Academy Manager & Head of Academy Recruitment.
- Carry out additional duties / sessions as directed by The Academy Manager & Head of Academy Coaching.
- Help develop the Academies playing and coaching philosophy.
- Holder of an up to date UEFA A Licence, FA Youth Awards and FA Advanced Award (PDP specific).
- Ability to build & maintain local relationships to develop and facilitate potential loan pathways for the development players (including exit strategies).
- Ability to work independently & collaborate with / lead other MDT members.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to facilitate the transition of players between Academy / 1st Team environments.
- Focused on individual player development within a team process.
- Holder of an up to date UEFA Pro Licence.
- Experience of Senior 1st team management (FT coaching capacity).
- Knowledge of EPPP and PMA system.
- Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy
- Understanding of a constantly changing culture / demand.
- Attention to detail a vital attribute.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours and weekends.
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Good IT and presentation skills
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Hull City Football Club policies and procedures in particular Hull City Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk Policy, Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. Some posts may require the employee to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Head of Safeguarding.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and CV to:
Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Hull City Tigers Ltd are committed to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults and colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of our safeguarding policy and procedures. This posts will require the employee to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by The Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.