- The SMC Facilities Manager role would suit an experienced, qualified professional who has a proven track record of excellent facilities maintenance and people management.
- Reporting to, and working closely with the Head of Operations and the rest of the Operations Team, this role represents an exciting opportunity for a team player with excellent attention to detail.
- The Facilities Team consists of a small number of maintenance and waste disposal colleagues, assisted by an administrator and a network of contractors, and sits within the Operations Team.
- We work hard to create a transparent culture built on respect, hard work, and good communication. Our new Facilities Manager will not just fit in with this culture but will help drive it and inspire other colleagues in the wider business to pull in the same direction.
- Ours is a business of wide-ranging personalities, characters, challenges, and dramas, not all of which play out on the pitch. Unlike almost any other line of work, we have the opportunity to showcase the results of our hard work to a large audience, on a regular basis.
- This is a unique opportunity to become part of an operations team that delivers football and rugby matches, and a whole host of other public events. It’s an exciting environment to work in, and this role is one of the most highly respected and trusted across the entire business.
- Responsibility for all Group sites, facilities management, security and safety infrastructure, waste management, and environmental compliance.
- Manage the in-house maintenance and waste disposal team, including ongoing training, compliance, recruitment, resource planning, and match day rotas.
- Manage contractors and external partners in relation to ongoing and reactive facilities maintenance, infrastructure projects, and annual compliance work.
- Manage the cleaning of the non-hospitality areas of the stadium and training ground (including public areas on match day for example concourses and stands. All cleaning requirements are currently fulfilled by a contractor.
- Utilise the Sypro Maintenance Management system to effectively coordinate facilities maintenance and project work, planning the time and maximising the productivity of in-house and contracted maintenance teams.
- To maintain a consistently high standard of service for facilities maintenance works for the various internal stakeholders across the SMC and football club estate.
- To develop and implement an ongoing environmental strategy to minimize the carbon footprint of the stadium and the other premises and to promote energy efficiency and the reduction of energy costs. The post holder must initiate and lead projects specifically focused on cost reduction, supply chain management, and environmental sustainability, as required by legislation, the local authority, or the Football League.
- To develop the supplier/sub-contractor management process, managing key relationships and driving cost reduction, value for money and continual service improvements.
- To ensure that detailed routine and preventative maintenance programmes are followed to ensure that all facilities are maintained to agreed standards and within agreed budgets. To supervise and monitor all such programmes to ensure that they are delivered on time and offer the best possible transparency and value for money.
- To ensure that the technical and facility requirements of the General Safety Certificate are met and that effective and up to date records are kept, and communicated to the local authority as required.
- To investigate and report on complaints from members of the public which relate to stadium facilities and infrastructure.
- To be responsible for developing and managing an equipment assets register and for formulating and implementing an appropriate equipment maintenance and replacement programme.
- To oversee any projects for the renovation and or alteration of existing areas within Group properties, to facilitate access for contractors undertaking such works, and to minimise the disruption to other premises users during such works.
- To liaise with the tenants who occupy the stadium premises to ensure they are supportive of the SMC Facilities Strategy, that tenants comply with their obligations under their tenancies and to resolve any facilities management related issues that relate to the occupancy of the stadium and other SMC premises by those tenants.
- Responsible for facilities infrastructure related to the security of the MKM Stadium in line with the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds in conjunction, working closely with the rest of the Operations Team.
- Responsible for the compliance of the Stadium Safety Certificate on behalf of the Head of Operations in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Responsible for all infrastructure relevant to the safe Ingress and Egress, and provision of a safe environment for stadium users on both match and non-match days.
- To provide support to the match day and events team, including facilities management cover for match days.
- To provide support for the grounds team, including equipment and fleet maintenance and the procurement of materials as required.
- To manage the fleet of vehicles, including maintenance vehicles and pool cars.
- To be the lead contact for all IT-related issues, liaising directly and managing the relationship with our IT service provider.
- Manage the database of IT assets, specifying, ordering and helping to set up equipment for staff across the business.
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a good level of knowledge relating to the challenges inherent in managing a varied estate, within a fast-paced and at times high pressure environment.
- The ideal person for this role will be a highly organised and confident individual, and thrive on delivering exceptional levels of service delivery to internal and external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Credible management experience in a similar role within a high-profile venue or organization.
- A good understanding and experience of Health & Safety management.
- Negotiation and management of facilities, supplier contracts, and budgets.
- Previous experience working in the sporting sector and a proven track record of tender, award, and supervision of facilities contracts including setting & managing KPI's and SLA's.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Holder of a recognized Facilities Management Qualification or membership of FM professional body, or related building industry professional qualification, or 5 years relevant experience as a Facilities or Logistics Manager.
- Holder of a National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Full driving license.
- Excellent IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience of the construction/building industry and be familiar with the revised Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
Competitive salary dependant on experience
Please send a current CV and a covering letter to Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: TBC
SMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.