Academy Scouts (U7-U16)
With the expansion of our Academy Recruitment Department, an exciting opportunity has arisen for the addition of multiple Academy Scouts (U7 – U16) with Hull City.
Areas to be covered: Hull, York, Doncaster, Scunthorpe and West Yorkshire.
The successful candidates will report to the Head of Academy Recruitment in order to identify the best available talent within the local catchment area, build relationships with key stakeholders across the local community and to embed the Academy’s recruitment values throughout the department. Our Academy Scouts will be assigned a designated age-range in order to develop an outstanding knowledge of young players with potential to join Hull City Academy, and to work within the strategic plans aimed at securing the best possible talent from ages U7-U16.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Personally scout and play a full role in identifying and recruiting players who meet the criteria and have the potential to represent Hull City Academy
- Develop an extensive network of contacts throughout a designated region, as well as the wider football community, to enhance the Club’s knowledge of target players
- Be proactive in sourcing information about upcoming games, festivals, tournaments & events across the local catchment area
- Assist with the organisation of Academy Scouts fixture planning and ensure sufficient coverage across the catchment area
- Build positive working relationships with key stakeholders across the catchment area, including Grassroots clubs, schools and private organisations
- Embed the Academy Recruitment values across all sections of the department, ensuring that best practice guidelines and match day protocols are followed.
- Identify players in keeping with Hull City Academy’s recruitment philosophy across the local catchment area, including Grassroots, Schools & other areas as directed by the Head of Academy Recruitment.
- Abide by the Hull City Academy Recruitment Department standard protocols and procedures at all times
- Ensure that all games attended are logged using the department’s internal tracking system
- Continue to build upon the Club’s database of players identified throughout a designated region with the ability to represent Hull City’s Academy and potential to play for the Club’s First Team
- Effectively and responsibly submit player and match reports to the Head of Academy Recruitment utilising the reporting templates, in a timely fashion
- Regularly liaise with the Head of Academy Recruitment around fixtures within the designated region to ensure that fixture planning and visiting scout permissions can be planned in advance
- Attend all Academy Scouts CPD events and Academy Scouts meetings when requested by the Head of Academy Recruitment
- Develop, maintain and enhance an understanding of Hull City Academy’s current players in order to effectively benchmark potential identified external talent
- FA Talent ID Level 1 qualification
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Sound knowledge of youth development rules and regulations with regard to scouting young players
- Smart appearance, reliable with excellent personal and communication skills
- A willingness to work unsociable hours, evenings and weekends
- Full driving licence
- Evidence of technical and tactical understanding of football from coaching qualifications, previous employment or playing experience
- FA Talent ID Level 2 qualification
- Experience of working in a recruitment capacity in a professional football club
About the Academy:
Hull City Academy develops and works with talented young footballers from the age of 8 to 23. We have made significant progress at the Academy since the Club successfully achieved its quest to gain Category Two status in the summer of 2015, with the primary focus on developing and nurturing players with outstanding potential into future first team regulars. In line with the Football Association’s Charter of Quality, the Academy prepares players of the future for the Club and enables our scholars to progress both on and off the field throughout their tenure with us.
With a number of scholars making their First Team debuts in the past three seasons, the sale of an Academy product to the Premier League and many more former Academy players currently plying their trade across Europe, this is a truly exciting time to be part of Hull City.
We are now expanding our Academy Recruitment Department to provide an opportunity to more young players from the region to follow in the footsteps of previous graduates such as Jarrod Bowen, Max Clark and Keane Lewis-Potter.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Hull City Tigers Ltd are committed to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults and colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of our safeguarding policy and procedures. Some posts may require the employee to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement once we have received a satisfactory number of applicants; if you have not been contacted within ten working days of the closing date then you should assume that unfortunately your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.